Back to News
FOX 10: Maui and Lily Reunited After Cancer Treatment
- 5-year-old Lily and her Labradoodle mix, Maui, were reunited after eight months apart while Lily underwent cancer treatment in New York City.
- Lily’s family traveled across the country for the duration of her treatment and had no one to help care for Maui, so they turned to AHS’ Project Assist program for help.
- Project Assist provides foster care for the pets of individuals who are hospitalized or in an emergency situation. Typically the program is a 30-day program, but was extended for Lily’s special case.
- AHS Foster Hero Erica stepped up to care for Maui during Lily’s treatment, and we are extremely thankful for her dedication! During such a difficult time for Lily and her family, they knew that their beloved companion was in good hands. While the reunion was bittersweet for Erica, both groups have vowed to remain in contact.
- Whether deployed oversees or involved in an accident, AHS offers unique and special services for those in our community when they are temporarily unable to care for their pets.