Back to News
Empty the Shelters with BISSELL Pet Foundation this Saturday, December 1!
BISSELL Pet Foundation is Back to Sponsor More Furever Homes!Thanks to our generous friends at BISSELL Pet Foundation, AHS will be offering $20 pet adoptions this Saturday, December 1 for Empty the Shelters! Dogs and cats of all ages at all AHS adoption locations will participate for the day-long special. Because AHS cares for the Valley's most vulnerable sick, injured and abused pets, it costs an average of $910 to care for one animal until he or she finds a forever home. Any additional contribution towards your new family member's adoption is greatly appreciated and will help save the lives of more furry friends just like them! All of the cats and dogs on our adoption floor have been spayed/neutered and are up to date on all current vaccinations. They are also sent home with a bag of Hills Science Diet food, a free follow-up veterinary exam with VCA Animal Hospitals and special adopter discounts on programs and services. Things to know beforehand:
- Be prepared to wait in line, possibly outside. Bring plenty of water for yourself, as well as water for your dog if you bring him or her along to meet potential new furmily members.
- If you bring your dog for an introduction, vaccinations must be up-to-date. Dogs should have received the most recent round of vaccinations at least five days prior to visiting.
- Check pet requirements and location. If you have a specific pup in mind, please check their requirements regarding dog or child intros before coming to meet them. All adoptable dogs can be found here and can be filtered by location. Please note that adoption locations may change early in the morning, and these pages are updated every hour.
- Limit two meet n' greets per household. We want to make sure that everyone has a chance to meet our adoptable pets! If interested in more, we kindly ask that you go to the end of the line.
- Limit two adoptions per household.
- We cannot hold pets. Adoptions are first come, first served.
- For dogs: Must have or purchase appropriate leash and collar at time of adoption.
- For cats: Must have or purchase appropriate carrier at time of adoption. $5 cat boxes are available for purchase.