Back to News
Advocacy Update: Contact Your Senator!
A Bill That Would Raise Funds for Spay/Neuter Services in Arizona is Now Moving Through the Arizona Senate!Sponsored by Representative Drew John, House Bill 2523, would use the voluntary tax check off program to raise much-needed funding for spay/neuter services for low-income Arizona families. The bill is scheduled to be heard by the Senate on Thursday, and we need you to contact your Senator by Wednesday at 5 p.m. and ask them to please support HB2523. Click here to determine your legislative district and find your Senator's name and contact information here. Be sure to mention that you are a resident in their district and let them know how important spay/neuter initiatives are to our community and you are asking for their support of HB2523. HB 2523 would do many important things:
- Curb pet overpopulation and shelter costs
- Reduce municipal tax burdens due to animal control
- Reduce euthanasia of adoptable cats and dogs
- Protect human health against bites from aggressive/stray animals
- Reduce dangers on roadways due to loose animals