Back to News
Five Green Pet Tips with AHS!
Check out these Green Pet Tips for Earth Day and make a difference in the lives of homeless pets!Earth Day is Friday, April 22nd. Show your love for our planet and pets with these five ways to go green with AHS:
- Adopt! When you adopt a shelter pet, your are saving two lives. Not only are you saving the life of that homeless animal, but you are also opening up a kennel to give another pet a second chance. Get the whole family involved and bring everyone down today for a play date with our adorable, adoptable pets!
- Not able to adopt? Fostering is an amazing way to help animals, and you can involve the whole family!
- Consider using eco-friendly poop bags such as the Earth Rated bags sold at AHS' Petiques. These bags contain an EPI additive, which help the bags break down, unlike traditional plastic bags, and the rolls’ cores and packaging are made from recycled content.
- Inundated with old household items and furniture that you're not sure what to do with? Recycle those items by donating them to AHS Thrift. 100 percent of the proceeds benefit the homeless animals of AHS.
- Have towels and blankets you no longer use? Those can be recycled, too! Though they may go unused by you, your old towels and blankets will become beds for the pets at AHS.