Back to News
CHIMNEY KITTEN RESCUED
Thursday morning, AHS' EAMT dispatch received a phone call regarding a kitten stuck in a chimney. This feral kitten is part of an outside cat colony and was separated from his colony when he found himself at the bottom of the chimney of the colony feeder. When EAMT Cynthia McGuire arrived at the scene, she discover a very scared, dehydrated 4-month-old orange tabby. She successfully rescued him from the bottom of the chimney and brought him back to AHS to receive further care. He will continue to receive medical care until he is completely healthy and then he will be neutered and vaccinated. If he proceeds as not adoptable due to his feral nature, he will be released back to his colony as a community cat, where he will continue to be cared for by the colony feeder.