Volunteer As a Pack
We rely on animal lovers like you to help us in our mission to rescue, heal, adopt and advocate for sick, injured and abused animals. We are thrilled to offer a variety of experiences for animal-loving groups as small as four and as large as 100.
Our donation-based experiences help cover the resources needed to host groups, as well as provide funding for the sick, injured and abused pets in our care. Since we are not government-funded and rely on donations from our community, these donations from groups really help us with our lifesaving work. We understand that not all groups have funds to contribute and simply want to contribute their time, which we deeply appreciate as well! If this is the case for you, please consider our Fur-ree Experience, Thrifting to Save Lives.
Our group experiences below are for those 18 years and older. See opportunities for youth volunteers.
- Large Pack Open House: 26 – 40 Attendees – $1,000 to $1,500
Donation Fee: $1,000 – $1,500. Available year round.
Join us for a morning full of fur-tastic fun and impactful volunteering with your group of 26 or more. This is an open-house style experience where your attendees can come and go from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. at our South Mountain Campus location and volunteer in different stations around our campus.
Your Group Will Help:
- Prepare tasty treats and stuff Kongs for our dogs
- Deliver treats to our adoptable dogs
- Make cat blankets for the homeless cats in our care
- Prepare cat enrichment treats
- Make cat toys
- Prepare critter burritos
- Help with other shelter preparation needs
They’ll Also Enjoy:
- Visits from adoptable cats and dogs
- Light refreshments
- Fur-Real Experiences: 10 – 15 Attendees – $250
Donation Fee: $250. Available May through December with limitations.
All of our Fur-Real Experiences include a private group tour of AHS’ South Mountain Campus, private meet n’ greet with a furry friend and a group photo.
From May through October:
- Canine Play Day: We’re dedicated to offering an enriching stay while pets are in our care. As a team, you will assemble and deliver enriching activities, like KONGs, playing in the yard, quiet time in the kennels and more. Stimulate all five canine senses until they find their new homes!
- Doggy Day Spa: Treat our adoptable pooches to a spa day! Your group will bathe, groom and primp our homeless dogs, which will not only lift their spirits, but will also help them become more adoptable!
- Furry Friends Day: Spend your day with both your cuddly kitties and adorable pups making toys and yummy treats for our adoptable friends. Enjoy seeing their happy faces when you hand out the goodies you’ve made. *Make this a holiday-themed event and ask for our “Santa Paws Furry Friends Day” package during the months of October through December.
Looking for a Holiday-themed Fur-Real Experience? We offer the following from October through December:
- Santa Paws Furry Friends Day: Spend your day with both your cuddly kitties and adorable pups making toys and yummy treats for our adoptable friends. Enjoy seeing their happy faces when you hand out the goodies you’ve made.
- Fall Doggy Trot: Your holiday team-builder will be a day filled with giving back to homeless dogs. That includes lots of holiday love, walking dogs, and delivering Thanksgiving KONGS stuffed with festive treats. End your team builder with a Fall photo op with the perfect backdrop to promote that adoptable pet and help them find a forever home.
- Small Pack Group Experiences: Up to 5 Attendees – $150
Donation Fee: $150. Available year round with limitations.
These experiences include a private group experience at one of our AHS locations, team pictures and interactions with some furry friends.
Available March through November
- PetSmart Scottsdale Experience: *Limited to 2 volunteers or less. Each year more than 2,500 pets are adopted from our PetSmart location. This huge accomplishment is only achievable with help from groups just like yours. In this experience, you’ll be helping to clean our pets’ kennels, providing daily enrichment activities and of course walking and cuddling our furry friends.
- Kitten Kuddles: Help give young kitty cats the daily enrichment they need, including out of kennel socialization and required food and litter as they head off to their foster hero’s home.
Available Year Round
- Enrichment Experience: The Arizona Humane Society has a BIG goal of providing enrichment activities hitting all of our pets’ 5 senses every single day. Help us with activities such as: blowing bubbles, providing treats, reading books, and so much more!
- Fur-Ree Experiences: Up to 5 Attendees – Free
Free! Available year round.
AHS is not government funded so we rely on donations from our community, which greatly help us with our lifesaving work. However, we understand that not all groups have funds to contribute and simply want to contribute their time, which is equally welcome!
Thrifting to Save Lives: Our thrift stores bring in over $1 million to help with AHS’ lifesaving programs! Support our animals by sorting donations and organizing items during a fun team building event that makes a huge impact on animals in our care.
- Both of our thrift store locations would love your help!
- Group Volunteering from Home
Our Wags N’ Purrs virtual volunteer activities enable you to “get together” remotely with your coworkers, friends, or family and complete activities that benefit the pets in our shelter. This group experience is approximately one hour long and includes:
- 2-3 activities of your choice from our Wags N’ Purrs Virtual Volunteer Activity List (must gather or purchase supplies beforehand)
- A virtual meet-and-greet with some of AHS’ furry residents
- A virtual tour of our shelter
- Inspiring videos of rescued pets
Once your group has selected 2-3 activities and all members have the necessary supplies, one team captain will schedule the virtual event. Once the activity is complete, the team captain will arrange to have items dropped off at AHS’ Sunnyslope Campus for Nina Mason Pulliam South Mountain Campus.